Senior Formulations Specialist
GFR Pharma is a manufacturer of natural health supplements and sport nutrition products. As a proudly Canadian company, we are committed to manufacturing high-quality supplements for our customers. With the continued growth of our business, we are seeking to hire a “Senior Formulations Specialist” to join our team.
Main Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Devise, modify, and prepare creative and high-quality formulations (dry powder blends, tablets, capsules, and liquid) to meet project requirements
- Perform physical testing and sensory evaluation of finished product (taste testing) of finished product or raw materials whenever necessary.
- Participate in the set-up and operation of pilot scale equipment, as needed
- Perform product or production failure investigations as required
- Prepare documentation for internal and external parties (master formulas, data sheets, manufacturing instructions)
- Maintain and enhance laboratory infrastructure and material libraries
- Supervise and mentor junior members of the formulation team as appropriate
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Degree or Diploma in Science and related fields an asset, although direct work experience in a natural health product/pharmaceutical environment will be acceptable in lieu.
- Minimum of 5 years experience performing tableting, encapsulation, liquid, and powder formulation activities in a natural health product or related field.
- Direct experience with blending, tablet press, and encapsulation equipment is an asset.
- Intermediate MS Office computer skills
- Knowledge of SAP is an asset
- Self-motivated with the ability to work and follow-up with a minimum of supervision.
- Excellent attention to details, be proactive and a problem solver.
- Have the communication skills needed to foster team effort within the company.
- Well organized, able to work with deadlines and under pressure while ensuring that tasks are performed accurately and thoroughly.
- Analytical and mathematical skills.
- Ability to lift up to 25 kg (lifting may be required).
We value our employees and provide a respectful, safe and supportive work environment!
Along with competitive wages, we offer a fully paid comprehensive benefit package upon completion of a 3 month probation period.
If you are interested in joining our team, we look forward to receiving your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only individuals selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in GFR Pharma Ltd!