Senior QC Analytical Technician
GFR Pharma is a privately held manufacturer of natural health products. As a proud Canadian company located in Coquitlam B.C., we are committed to manufacturing high-quality products for our customers. With the continued growth of our business, we are seeking to hire a “Senior QC Analytical Technician” for our Quality Systems team.
Main Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- With Documentation group, develop and maintain specifications of raw materials in accordance with in-house, regulatory and client requirements.
- Implement raw material supplier certification and reduced testing program.
- With the QA/QC Coordinator, maintain a schedule for raw material sampling and prepare documentation for all received raw materials and bulk products.
- With the QA/QC Coordinator, maintain vigilance over raw materials approaching expiry, ensuring any extensions of shelf life are supported by testing data and appropriate rationale.
- Assist in conducting periodic auditing and qualification of testing laboratories.
- Evaluate test results for compliance with GFR specifications and release materials and finished products as appropriate.
- Perform physical and organoleptic testing on raw materials and finished products.
- Perform taste testing and completing other tests ensuring accurate recording of all test data and evaluation of findings.
- Review and evaluate all test failures in cooperation with laboratory personnel and suppliers and recommend final disposition.
- Complete OOS reports for raw materials and finished products.
- Maintain database relating to material quality issues including material rejection.
- Monitor the performance of all contract laboratories for adherence to GFR specifications and established turnaround times.
- Provide technical advice to senior management and other company personnel.
- Coordinate stability program for client and in-house stability products.
- Coordinate, set-up and help with carrying out ID testing of raw materials, bulk blends, finished products.
- Assist QA/QC Manager and Quality Systems Team with identifying, creating and implementing systems to help with efficiency and standardization of Quality Systems program.
- Assist with other QC-related tasks, as required.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science in a Canadian University or Canadian-recognized University OR Bachelor’s degree in another field with at least 5 years’ experience in the Quality Control field preferably in the testing area in the Natural Health Products or Pharmaceutical industry.
- Excellent time management in order to establish and handle priorities in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to establish and maintain relationships with internal and external individuals.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to complete tasks with accuracy, while working within deadlines.
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and computer skills (MS Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Team player with the ability to follow-up and maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
We value our employees and provide a respectful, safe and supportive work environment! If you are interested in joining our team, we look forward to receiving your resume to email@example.com. Only individuals selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in GFR Pharma Ltd!