GFR Pharma is a privately held manufacturer of natural health products. As a proud Canadian company located in Coquitlam B.C., we are committed to manufacturing high-quality products for our customers. With the continued growth of our company we are seeking to hire an experienced “Senior Buyer” to join our team.
Main Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Consult with internal customers to establish clear and concise purchase requirements.
- Ensure best practices are followed by investigating possible supply sources, evaluating supply alternatives, developing, and analyzing competitive bids from suppliers.
- Build and maintain effective business relationships with suppliers that press cost competitiveness and efficient delivery of goods and/or services.
- Work with the department Manager to monitor, direct, plan, and lead activities of the team and resolve complex supplier/contractor issues and internal and external disputes.
- Monitor supplier performance and ensuring compliance to contract scope, commercial and legal terms; identify and track contractor and supplier key performance indicators.
- Provide input and recommendations into strategic decisions and provides professional and technical expertise to stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to mine, sort, and clean data from various sources/systems.
- Understanding of production planning practices and the ability to trouble-shoot supply chain challenges in collaboration with the planning team to ensure on-time customer delivery and operational efficiency.
- Ability to work independently, creatively, and efficiently with minimal direction in an unstructured environment.
- Total ownership of portfolio performance with the ability to effectively articulate market state to all levels of the organization as required.
- Committed to Safety, Food Safety and Quality practices.
Experience & Education:
- Degree in Business, Commerce, or Supply Chain.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in procurement, and/or strategic sourcing
(food manufacturing environment will be considered an asset).
- Strong business acumen and understanding of procurement process.
- Working knowledge in GMP, HACCP, and other food quality & safety regulations.
- Familiar with ERP/MRP systems; SAP experience will be considered an asset.
- In-depth knowledge of the nutraceutical, pharmaceutical or food industry highly valued.
We value our employees and provide a respectful, safe and supportive work environment! Along with competitive wages, we offer a fully paid comprehensive benefit package upon completion of a 3 month probation period.
If you are interested in joining our team, we look forward to receiving your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only individuals selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in GFR Pharma Ltd!