Quality Control Technician
GFR Pharma is a privately held manufacturer of natural health products. As a proud Canadian company located in Coquitlam B.C., we are committed to manufacturing high-quality products for our customers. With the continued growth of our business, we are seeking to hire a “Quality Control Technician”.
Main Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Assist in performing inspection of bulk samples based on AQL requirements and prepare customer AQL documents.
- Assist in ensuring all pre-shipment sample and all other samples required by customer are collected and sent in the timeframe required by customer.
- Assist in ensuring all retained sampled are collected, logged and filled.
- Record lab results from contract laboratories, advising if results are outside of set tolerances.
- Ensure samples are sent out with the correct specifications.
- Perform physical and organoleptic testing on raw materials and finished products.
- Perform identification testing using FTIR spectroscopy.
- Perform analytical testing such as HPLC and qPCR as required.
- Assist in evaluating the sampling priorities for upcoming Production runs.
- Support Production in doing Work in Progress (WIP) testing of products.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization within the laboratory.
- Other duties as required.
- Passion for continuous improvement, efficiency, and teamwork.
- Excellent time management in order to establish and handle priorities.
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with both internal and external parties.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to complete tasks with accuracy, while working within deadlines.
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and computer skills (MS Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Team player with the ability to follow-up and maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Reliable, motivated, organized and be able to work in a dynamic fast-paced team-driven environment.
- Committed to Safety, Food Safety and Quality practices.
Experience & Education:
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Sciences (Chemistry and Microbiology) from a Canadian University or with recognized equivalency.
- 1+ years experience in a Quality Assurance and Quality Control in a GMP regulated manufacturing environment within the Natural Health Product, Pharmaceutical or Food industry.
- Strong knowledge in GMP, HACCP, and other food quality & safety regulations.
- Certifications in quality assurance a definite asset.
- SAP knowledge will be considered an asset.
We value our employees and provide a respectful, safe and supportive work environment! Along with competitive wages, we offer a fully paid comprehensive benefit package upon completion of a 3 month probation period.
If you are interested in joining our team, we look forward to receiving your resume to email@example.com. Only individuals selected to be interviewed will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in GFR Pharma Ltd!