Quality Control Manager
GFR Pharma is a privately held manufacturer of natural health products. As a proud Canadian company located in Coquitlam B.C., we are committed to manufacturing high-quality products for our customers. With the continued growth of our business, we are seeking to hire a “Quality Control Manager”.
Main Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Plan, organize and oversee the Quality Control testing of raw materials and products.
- Organize and prioritize sample testing.
- Manage specification development, test method development and new method approval.
- Perform OOS investigations to resolve non-compliant testing.
- Qualification and calibration of testing equipment.
- Assist with approval and qualification of new materials via testing and specification development.
- Compose and ensure SOPs are in compliance to meet the standards of GMP.
- Release of raw materials and products after Quality Control testing compliance.
- Approval of specifications.
- Perform training programs for staff.
- Expertise in applicable GMPs (NNHPD, 21CFR111), Food Safety (HACCP) and SQF certifications.
- Act as a change agent to drive continuous improvement of the Production and Quality system processes.
- Support all Quality compliance processes to interface effectively with Operations, using current best practice methods.
- Develop KPI’s and monitor Quality system processes.
- Communicate effectively and professionally to build strong relationships with the Quality team and the other departments within the organization.
- Other duties as required.
- Passion for continuous improvement, efficiency, and teamwork.
- Excellent time management in order to establish and handle priorities.
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with both internal and external parties.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to complete tasks with accuracy, while working within deadlines.
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and computer skills (MS Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Team player with the ability to follow-up and maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Reliable, motivated, organized and be able to work in a dynamic fast-paced team-driven environment.
- Committed to Safety, Food Safety and Quality practices.
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sciences (Chemistry, Biochemistry, Food, Microbiology) from a Canadian University or with recognized equivalency.
- 5+ years experience in a quality management / continuous improvement-related field in a GMP regulated manufacturing environment within the Natural Health Product, Pharmaceutical or Food industry.
- Strong knowledge of GMP regulations and requirements in the Natural Health Products, Dietary Supplement, and Food industries with some knowledge of GMP requirements for the Pharmaceutical industry.
- Previous experience supervising employees.
- SAP experience will be considered an asset.
We value our employees and provide a respectful, safe and supportive work environment! Along with competitive wages, we offer a fully paid comprehensive benefit package upon completion of a 3 month probation period.
If you are interested in joining our team, we look forward to receiving your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only individuals selected to be interviewed will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in GFR Pharma Ltd!