Quality Assurance Specialist
GFR Pharma is a privately held manufacturer of natural health products. As a proud Canadian company located in Coquitlam B.C., we are committed to manufacturing high-quality products for our customers. With the continued growth of our business, we are seeking to hire a “Quality Assurance Specialist“.
Main Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Supplier qualification and material approval.
- Perform Environmental Monitoring, swab and air quality, air flow verification, scale verification, Monthly facility inspection, pest control monitoring.
- Management and oversight of Pest Control and EMP program – air flow, scale verification.
- Facility self inspection.
- Review of Batch records for GMP and GDP compliance; inspects samples for finished goods release.
- Assist with Change Control, Deviations, EMP program, Calibration Program.
- Creates internal and Client-specific Certificate of Analysis, Certificate of Manufacture and Compliance documents.
- Prepares inspection reports and communicates required CAPAs to department heads and QA Manager.
- Provide assistance around training with respect to GMP compliance.
- Participate in external quality audits such as Kosher, Organic, CFIA, customer audits or 3rd party certification audits.
Food Safety Compliance
- Perform monitoring and verification activities including review of monitoring documentation.
- Assist with Food Safety and Quality Management Systems development, implementation and training and assist QA Manager to implement/lead management team meetings around HACCP / SQF and other food safety requirements.
- Provide technical guidance to Production to ensure Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory activities/documentation are in compliance.
- Lead mock recalls (related to NHP/Dietary Supplement Products), food defense and crisis management challenges according to schedule, as needed.
- Passion for continuous improvement, efficiency, and teamwork.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to establish and maintain relationships.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and computer skills (MS Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Ability to complete tasks with accuracy, while working within deadlines.
- Highly conscientious and diligent.
- Committed to Safety, Food Safety and Quality practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sciences (Chemistry, Biochemistry, Food, Microbiology).
- 3+ years of experience in a Quality Assurance-related field in a GMP regulated manufacturing environment within the natural health product, pharma or food industries.
- Strong knowledge of GMP regulations and requirements in the Natural Health Products, Dietary Supplement, and Food industries with some knowledge of GMP requirements for the pharmaceutical industry.
- Previous experience supervising employees.
- SAP experience (considered an asset).
- Quality assurance certification considered an asset
We value our employees and provide a respectful, safe and supportive work environment!
If you are interested in joining our team, we look forward to receiving your resume to email@example.com. Thank you for your interest in GFR Pharma Ltd!