Quality Assurance Technician – packaging materials
GFR Pharma is a manufacturer of natural health supplements and sport nutrition products. As a proudly Canadian company, we are committed to manufacturing high-quality supplements for our customers. With the continued growth of our business, we are seeking to hire a “Quality Assurance Technician – Packaging Materials”.
Main Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Picks and stages labels, cartons, shrinkwrap, etc. based on production daily requirements
- Puts away returns from production with the assistance of QA Packaging Material Coordinator
- Receives labels, cartons, shrink wrap which includes:
- Taking samples and confirming quantities
- Receiving in inventory management system
- Documenting in Label Received Log
- Printing and attaching GFR labels to received items
- Putting material away in label shuttle or assigned racking
- Label and carton inspection – compares received items to approved master label
- Consolidates and organizes racking and label shuttle to create space for new items
- With the assistance of QA Packaging Material Coordinator, performs disposal of labels, cartons upon request for destruction
- Assists with purchase returns (labels, cartons, shrink wrap – when required)
- Performs and records Warehouse freezer monitoring every morning
- Performs Warehouse temperature and humidity checks once a week
- Prepares Faulty Packing Material Reports as follows:
- Fill out reports and send to Purchasing
- Dispose or return materials upon supplier’s request
- Maintain Retained Samples:
- Preparing all retained samples that can be disposed of and separating them from current retained samples.
- Assists with rewinding label rolls when required
- Assists with retrieving Retained Samples, Raw Material Samples or Batch Records from the warehouse as required. (Use of forklift)
- Provides back-up coverage for QA Technician – label control which includes:
- Printing master shipper labels
- Inspection of packaging materials
- Completion of Grade 12. Post-secondary courses related to the position will be considered an asset.
- Preference will be given to those with a minimum of one (1) year experience in a natural health and/or food manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to establish and maintain relationships.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to complete tasks with accuracy, while working within deadlines.
- Strong mathematical, and computer skills (MS Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Team player with the ability to follow-up and maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lift up to 25 kg.
- Forklift training or willing to undergo Forklift certification.
We value our employees and provide a respectful, safe and supportive work environment! Along with competitive wages, we offer a fully paid comprehensive benefit package upon completion of a 3 month probation period.
If you are interested in joining our team, we look forward to receiving your resume to email@example.com. Only individuals selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in GFR Pharma Ltd!