GFR Pharma is a privately held manufacturer of natural health products. As a proud Canadian company located in Coquitlam B.C., we are committed to manufacturing high-quality products for our customers. With the continued growth of our business, we are seeking to hire a “Production Supervisor” to join our Operations team.
Main Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Oversee allocation of staffing resources to Production lines and make necessary adjustments to ensure on-time production of all orders.
- Work with Team Leaders to troubleshoot Production issues as they arise and document corrective actions to facilitate improved performance for repeat orders.
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by ensuring regulatory and company standard practices are adhered to.
- Monitor KPI measurements for efficiency. Investigate any variances from Target to understand root cause and make recommendations for improvements.
- Consistently enforce GMP compliance, providing instruction and retraining as necessary to ensure constant compliance with all SOP’s and regulations. Ensure deviations and change controls are initiated as needed.
- Assist in training of staff including SOP’s, GMP’s and equipment competencies.
- Maintain transparent communication. Appropriately communicate information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and appropriate email, and regular interpersonal communication.
- Submit maintenance request forms as required to keep equipment operating safely, precisely, and efficiently.
- Ensure documents for upcoming work orders are complete, correct, and available for Lead Hands to support Production Schedule.
- Prepare employee reviews with the input of Lead Hands and participate in all performance reviews and ensure all documentation is maintained.
- Maintain employee information in payroll program (absenteeism/lates) and work with necessary departments to ensure all information is documented.
- Administer vacation program for all staff, ensuring that all areas have enough staff to continue to run regardless of vacation time approved.
- Foster a culture of continual improvement and a focus on best practices.
- Model and promotes the company’s mission and values.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong time management skills.
- An approachable manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, verbal and written.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Effective decision making skills.
- Ability to write reports and compile accurate records.
- Knowledge of safety practices applicable to food processing environments and ability to follow established safety procedures.
- Good interpersonal and strong communication skills in English (both written and verbal).
- Effective organizational, prioritization, and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Reliable, motivated, organized and be able to work in a dynamic fast-paced team-driven environment.
- Committed to Safety, Food Safety and Quality practices.
Experience & Education:
- 2-3 years of Manufacturing experience.
- Minimum 1 year Supervisor experience.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office).
- Strong knowledge in GMP, HACCP, and other food quality & safety regulations.
- SAP knowledge will be considered an asset.
We value our employees and provide a respectful, safe and supportive work environment! Along with competitive wages, we offer a fully paid comprehensive benefit package.
If you are interested in joining our team, we look forward to receiving your resume. Thank you for your interest in GFR Pharma Ltd!