Packaging – Lead Hand (afternoon shift)
GFR Pharma is a privately held manufacturer of natural health products. As a proud Canadian company located in Coquitlam B.C., we are committed to manufacturing high-quality products for our customers. With the continued growth of our business, we are seeking to hire a “Lead Hand” to join our Production team on the afternoon shift.
Main Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Exercise control and direction of manufacturing process, procedures and work instructions for staff.
- Organize the operating staff for the shift.
- Ensure all materials needed for runs match to the list/ pick ticket.
- Check the product run specs and notify operators of any special instructions.
- Maintain compliance with GMP, Health and Safety, and company rules and guidelines.
- Train employees and ensure adherence to job instructions, quality requirements, safety compliance and company policies.
- Ensure that employees are sufficiently trained to work with machines or equipment.
- Monitor runs, assist operators as required and help troubleshoot.
- Create a positive work environment by sharing and demonstrating functional/technical knowledge.
- Ensure production efficiency is maintained at the highest possible level without jeopardizing safety, quality or cost standards.
- Report daily activities to management.
- Afternoons, Monday to Friday
- Mechanically inclined.
- Superior analytical, communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Fluent in English, verbal and written.
- Basic mathematical/accounting skills
Experience & Education:
- Completion of Grade 12.
- Knowledge of safety practices applicable to food processing environments and ability to follow established safety procedures.
- A minimum of two years related experience in a manufacturing environment is required for this role.
- Knowledge of blending and the set up/running of tablet presses and encapsulation machines, or experience in running packaging lines is considered an asset.
We value our employees and provide a respectful, safe and supportive work environment!
Along with competitive wages, we offer a fully paid comprehensive benefit package upon completion of a 3 month probation period.
If you are interested in joining our team, we look forward to receiving your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only individuals selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in GFR Pharma Ltd!