GFR Pharma is a privately held manufacturer of natural health products. As a proud Canadian company located in Coquitlam B.C., we are committed to manufacturing high-quality products for our customers. With the continued growth of our business, we are seeking to hire a “Formulations Technician” to join our team.
Main Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Prepare and modify creative and high-quality formulations (dry powder blends, tablets, capsules, and liquid) to meet project requirements.
- Evaluate and develop flavor profiles of formulations as needed.
- Perform physical testing and sensory evaluation of finished product (taste testing) of finished product or raw materials whenever necessary.
- Conduct fill tests on capsules and prepare blends for tablet trials and adjust formulations, if necessary.
- Participate in the set-up and operation of pilot scale equipment, as required.
- Participate in product or production failure investigations as required.
- Prepare documentation for internal and external parties (master formulas, data sheets, manufacturing instructions, nutritional information).
- Evaluation of new raw materials, including reviewing raw material specifications to ensure they meet the requirements of the formula.
- Maintain and enhance laboratory infrastructure and material libraries.
- Other duties as required.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Degree or Diploma in Science and related fields an asset, although direct work experience in a natural health product/pharmaceutical environment will be acceptable in lieu.
- Minimum of 2 years experience performing tableting, encapsulation, liquid, and powder formulation activities in a natural health product or related field.
- Direct experience with blending, tablet press, and encapsulation equipment is an asset.
- Intermediate MS Office computer skills.
- Knowledge of SAP and Genesis will be considered an asset.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work and follow-up with a minimum of supervision.
- Excellent attention to details, be proactive and a problem solver.
- Have the communication skills needed to foster team effort within the company.
- Well organized, able to work with deadlines and under pressure while ensuring that tasks are performed accurately and thoroughly.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Ability to lift up to 25 kg (lifting may be required).
We value our employees and provide a respectful, safe and supportive work environment!
Along with competitive wages, we offer a fully paid comprehensive benefit package.
If you are interested in joining our team, we look forward to receiving your resume.
Thank you for your interest in GFR Pharma Ltd!