Formulations Technical Coordinator
GFR Pharma is a privately held manufacturer of natural health products. As a proud Canadian company located in Coquitlam B.C., we are committed to manufacturing high-quality products for our customers. With the continued growth of our business, we are seeking to hire a “Formulations Technical Coordinator” to join our Formulations team and report to the Director of Operations.
Main Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Provide technical leadership in the development of products from formulation through packaging.
- Improve existing product quality and efficiency and address manufacturing issues.
- Address day-to-day technical questions.
- Be a subject matter expert for tableting, coating, encapsulation, dry/liquid blending and powder filling. Monitor, explore and share new scientific information, technologies, products and processes.
- Conduct experimental evaluations of raw materials, dry/liquid blends and bulk product.
- Lead technology transfer, prepare manufacturing trial documentation, and manage scale-up operations to manufacture products in-house.
- Communicate changes to project plans and timelines in a timely manner.
- Recommend ingredients/processes which meet financial goals, contribute to cost saving initiatives, and improve manufacturing efficiencies.
- Participate in investigations into product failure including quality, potency, visual characteristics and other. Ensure involvement in all trouble-shooting activities.
- Lead outsourcing of manufacturing processes, as required.
- Attend first time runs to ensure product and process match requirements.
- Provide technical support for the sales group and participate in customer calls as required.
- Support on-going development of in-house training program.
- Comply with GMP’s, SOP’s and all regulatory documentation.
- Foster a culture of continual improvement and a focus on best practices.
- Other duties as required.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor Degree in Science.
- 5 – 10 years experience in Product Development and R&D
(Natural Health Product/Nutraceutical environment will be considered an asset).
- Familiar with applicable Canadian regulations (e.g. Food, NHPs, GMPs) and US regulations for Nutraceutical Supplements.
- Technical knowledge of blending and solid dose formation.
- Strong business acumen and demonstrate business knowledge by leading discussion and direction of internal projects and determining effects of department work on total financial picture.
- Strong communication skills and ability to manage stakeholder expectations in fast-paced environment.
- Able to accurately prepare specifications, label declarations and formulations.
- Intermediate MS Office computer skills.
We value our employees and provide a respectful, safe and supportive work environment! Along with competitive wages, we offer a fully paid comprehensive benefit package.
If you are interested in joining our team, we look forward to receiving your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in GFR Pharma Ltd!