Ready for your next career move? Come and join an amazing Procurement team at GFR Pharma!
GFR Pharma is a privately held manufacturer of natural health products. As a proud Canadian company located in Coquitlam B.C., we are committed to manufacturing high-quality products for our customers.
We currently looking for a full-time permanent Buyer for our Procurement team.
What your day to day looks like:
Main Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Create purchase orders; monitor blanket purchase orders, release, and issue of new blanket purchase orders.
- Review/maintain order points for inventory stock levels; ensure uninterrupted supply of materials to meet operational requirements.
- Ensuring all purchasing policies/procedures are followed, professionally and ethically.
- Follow up on all claims/credits for goods purchased.
- Make recommendations about new vendors when necessary, to improve supply chain efficiency and meet budgetary goals.
Portfolio Management / Vendor Relations
- Actively manage assigned portfolios (updated prices, MEF, material data)
- Negotiate pricing that supports GFR operations and keeps the business competitive.
- Set up new vendors in vendor database.
- Monitor price increases and communicate changes.
- Evaluate and monitor contract/supplier performance.
- Have the ongoing passion and hunger to continuously learn and understand your portfolio categories of materials to become Procurement category experts
- Working collaboratively with and supporting fellow Procurement team members and all other department team members.
- Inform affected department(s) on potential delays and recommend corrective measures well in advance to mitigate risk.
- Providing a high level of customer service both internally and externally.
Reporting and Inventory Management
- MRP analysis.
- Provide support for inventory and freight functions.
- Analyze trends and market conditions for present and future pricing, availability, and lead-time.
What you bring to us:
- Minimum one (1) year related purchasing experience in food manufacturing, pharmaceutical and/or nutraceutical environment will be considered an asset.
- Completion of not less than one post-secondary Purchasing/Supply Chain course.
- Experience with projections, forecasting and strategic buying.
- Above average problem-solving capabilities and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical skills relating to sales reports and goal achievement.
- Detail oriented with the ability to prioritize and follow up with projects.
- Strong Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills required.
- Familiar with SAP and/or ERP/MRP software an asset.
- Comfortable working in an office environment Monday to Friday
- Amazing team and work environment
- Competitive wages
- Paid benefits
- Central location & Free parking
- Employee discounts
- Social events
- Respectful, safe, and supportive work environment!
If you are interested in joining our team, we look forward to receiving your resume to email@example.com. Only individuals selected to be interviewed will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in GFR Pharma Ltd!