GFR Pharma is a privately held manufacturer of natural health products. As a proud Canadian company located in Coquitlam B.C., we are committed to manufacturing high-quality products for our customers.
With the continued growth of our branded business division, we are actively seeking to hire an experienced Brand Manager with a passion for the natural health industry.
The Brand Manager will be responsible for managing new and existing product development from inception to launch; and assisting with the planning, development and tactical execution of product placement plans & marketing. The role is highly cross-functional requiring attention to detail, project management and execution skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and work streams in various stages of completion. The ideal candidate will be able to lead all facets of the product life cycle including product development, pricing, promotion and positioning; understanding of target consumer; gathering of customer insights; and assisting with marketing programs and plans to achieve short and long-term revenue and profit business goals.
Primary Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Assist with development and execution on the 4 Ps (Product, Pricing, Promotion, and Placement).
- Gather market research, consumer behavior trends and insight data, consumer needs analysis and competitive product information to identify new product opportunities and prepare New Product Concept briefs.
- Propose product concept, identity, and packaging of new products that are innovative, customer- driven and profitable.
- Build business case for new products including market potential, financial analysis and present recommendations based on overall company strategy.
- Oversee stage-gate New Product Development Process collaborating and influencing a cross-functional team including Regulatory, Purchasing, Technical, R&D, Marketing and Creative.
- Working with the Technical and Creative teams, develop consumer-friendly product packaging to ensure products are aligned with branding and messaging.
- Working with the Marketing and Creative teams, develop and implement marketing initiatives including press releases, sales materials, online and traditional ad campaigns, promotions and messaging to support distribution and increase sales for the full product life cycle in multiple countries.
- Develop methods to monitor success of promotional activity; measure and report.
- Assist with strategic management of product line-up to drive long-term growth for the brand.
- Carry out ongoing customer research (surveys, focus and friendship groups) to refine customer experience.
- Monitor product selection, pricing and positioning of competitors.
- Carry out ongoing pricing, competitive and financial analyses.
- 5 years’ experience in health/wellness/nutrition product marketing with experience in leading or participating in the product development process of health food/supplement products as well as lifecycle management processes.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or other related discipline.
- Demonstrated marketing success driving positioning and innovative marketing programs in the natural health industry.
- Knowledge of consumer research techniques.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to extract meaningful data.
- Proven ability to lead a world-class customer service culture.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to inspire action toward a strategic vision of future success.
- Driver of personal and professional growth and success of the team.
We value our employees and provide a respectful, safe and supportive work environment! Along with competitive wages, we offer a fully paid comprehensive benefit package upon completion of a 3 month probation period.
If you are interested in joining our team, we look forward to receiving your resume. Only individuals selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in GFR Pharma!