Research & Development Technician
GFR Pharma is a manufacturer of natural health supplements and sport nutrition products. As a proudly Canadian company, we are committed to manufacturing high-quality supplements for our customers. With the continued growth of our business, we are seeking to hire a “Research & Development Technician” to join our team.
Main Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Perform small trial runs as part of Product development and formulation. This includes dispensing the required materials, blending, tableting/ encapsulation, and performing physical testing to evaluate the quality of the resulting product.
- Perform physical testing and evaluation of raw new materials or materials from new suppliers.
- Perform physical testing (bulk density, disintegration, friability, weight variation, or taste test) of finished product whenever necessary.
- Maintain R & D samples.
- Check and maintain the materials and supplies inventory in the laboratory.
- Check for availability of materials to complete the project, and if needed request samples and obtain samples from the Warehouse.
- Sensory evaluation of finished product (taste testing of blended powder).
- Perform other related tasks that may be assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma (Degree or Diploma in Science and related fields preferred).
- Minimum of 1 year experience in natural health product/pharmaceutical or related field or equivalent training or education.
- Intermediate MS Office computer skills.
- Knowledge of tableting, encapsulation, liquid and powder formulation will be an asset.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Excellent attention to details, proactive, and problem solver.
- Excellent communication and relationships with other people to foster real team effort within the company.
- Well organized, able to work with deadlines and under pressure while ensuring that tasks are performed accurately and thoroughly.
- A team player with the ability to follow-up and maintain a positive attitude.
- Analytical, mathematical, communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to lift up to 25 kg (lifting may be required).
We value our employees and provide a respectful, safe and supportive work environment!
Along with competitive wages, we offer a fully paid comprehensive benefit package.
If you are interested in joining our team, we look forward to receiving your resume. Only individuals selected to be interviewed will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in GFR Pharma Ltd!