Health & Safety Officer
GFR Pharma is a privately held manufacturer of natural health products. As a proudly Canadian company located in Coquitlam B.C., we are committed to manufacturing high-quality supplements for our customers. We are currently seeking to hire a Health & Safety Officer.
Main Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Provide advice and guidance to all levels of management in OH&S matters and staff support to achieve a safe and healthy workplace.
- Develop policies, procedures and safety management systems to ensure regulatory compliance and implement best practices for prevention.
- Develop and implement safety systems and risk management plans that address hazards in the workplace.
- Coordinate education and training for all employees in OH&S systems, legislative and regulatory requirements and safe working practices.
- Ensure accident/incident investigations are initiated and completed; supplying Supervisor support as required.
- WCB claims management, investigations and return to work programs.
- WHMIS training to all levels of staff and MSDS administration.
- Lead the Health & Safety Committee; coordinate workplace inspections, record meetings minutes, resolve issues in a timely and effective manner, and post approved minutes.
- Coordinate PPE, FIT testing and annual hearing testing for required employees.
- Ensure that all employees receive orientation and training in safety policies, safe work procedures and work practices.
- Proven experience as Health & Safety Officer.
- In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/Work Safe) and procedures.
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices.
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety.
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Diligent with great attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety
- BSc/BA in safety management, engineering or relevant field is preferred.
- Certificate in occupational health and safety.
- Manufacturing experience will be considered an asset.
We value our employees and provide a respectful, safe and supportive work environment! Along with competitive wages, we offer a fully paid comprehensive benefit package.
Qualified candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in GFR Pharma Ltd!